Home of Sidney Kimmel Medical College

Degree Audit - WebAdvisor

Download the "Degree Audit FAQ Sheet"


    What is Degree Audit?

    • It is a document that shows how your completed courses apply to your degree requirements, and what requirements still need to be completed.

    • It is a guide to help students and advisors assess the student's academic progress towards a degree.

    • It is based only on what has been officially entered into the college's student information database.

    What are the limitations of Degree Audit?

    • The Degree Audit does not replace academic advising.

    • Approved substitutions are only registered on the degree audit once the completed Course Substitution form is submitted.

    • The Degree Audit does not tell you when to take a given course.

    Where can I get my Degree Audit?

    • Go to the student menu in WebAdvisor and select the "Degree Audit" link from the "Academic Profiles" section.

    • Check off the "choose one" box by your major and then click "submit." (Undeclared students must follow the "explore other majors" directions below.)

    How can I use the Degree Audit to explore other majors?

    1. Open up Degree Audit from the "Academic Profiles" section of the Student Menu in WebAdvisor.

    2. Click on the drop-down box next to “What if I changed my Major” line.

    3. From that list of programs, choose a major you are interested in. Then, choose the current catalog year.

    4. Click submit to see how your completed and current courses apply to the new major.

    How can I tell what classes I still need to take?

    • Requirements that are not complete with your current or completed coursework will show as “In Progress” or “Not Started.”

    What special issues shoud I be aware of if I have transfer credits?

    • Courses transferred from your previous institution(s) will show as "TE" (transfer equivalency).

    • If there are courses showing in the "Other Courses" category that could reasonably meet other degree requirements, students should meet with their academic advisor to discuss how those courses are applied to their requirements. If a substitution is approved, the Course Substitution form (available on the Registrar’s website) should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.

    • Study Abroad course work will show in "Other" as STUAB-300 at 12 credits. Once the University receives and processes your transcript for the courses you completed at your study abroad institutions, those courses will show as the individual equivalencies with a “TE” note.

    Who can help me understand my Degree Audit?

    • Your assigned academic advisor

    • The University Registrar's Office

    • The Academic Success Center