Apply for your Visa

What is an I-20?

The I-20 application is required in order for you to apply for an F-1 student visa.  This visa allows international students to study full-time in the United States in a degree seeking program.

I-20 Materials

Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) issues I-20s to students who are accepted to the University and submit the following materials:

  • International Student Agreement Form (can be emailed)
  • Graduate Enrollment Form (can be emailed)
  • Bank statements totaling $39,151 (U.S. Dollars)
    If bank statements are not in your name please provide a signed Statement of Support Form in the amount of $39,151
  • Funds must be dated within the last 6 months and immediately liquidable (can be emailed)
  • Copy of your passport (can be emailed)
  • Official IELTS/TOEFL report
  • Official GRE report, if applicable
  • Official/Attested copies of university transcripts and degree certificate (must be mailed)
  • Transfer Recommendation Form - This form is required only for those students currently studying in the United States on an F-1 Student Visa (can be emailed)
  • If you are sponsoring a dependent on your student visa, you will need to show funding in the following amounts:
    • Spouse - $5,000
    • Child - $3,500 per child